Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year!

I have absolutely no idea what to say or write in this post. It has been the strangest of days. Part of me is so glad that this year is over, but part of me is sad to leave it behind - so much of what I wanted to do or achieve remains undone.

I am still not pregnant. But I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that I may never have the miracle of life inside me again and that saddens me - even still. I remain grateful and extremely thankful that I do have my gorgeous daughter and she gives me such joy and happiness.

On a plus point with regard to writing - thanks must go to the wonderful Keris Stainton, who gave me ideas and the confidence to just go for it! I am really enjoying writing, blogging and tweeting - and I have met some wonderfully talented people via the internet and twitter. I have actually written a short story and a novel! I know I am amazed too! Although, I haven't even looked at my novel which I wrote for NaNoWriMo yet, but I wrote it and I know it needs a lot of editing. One day I will print it out, settle down, take out my red pen (it has to be red) and edit it. And who knows where that may lead...

On a family note - I saw my sister in law for the first time today in seven months. I haven't seen her due to a falling out over... well, I am not going to say what it was over, but hey! It was all a bit tricky and I wasn't really looking forward to it, but it was OK. In fact it was better than OK. It was like seeing an old friend - you know the one that you don't need to to speak to every week - you just slip into the old routine and it's fine. Don't tell her but I have actually missed her! Apologies weren't made by either party - but do they actually need to be made with family? I don't know? Answers on a postcode...

Anyway, I have had a lovely day, I am slightly a little worse for wear, friends came around for tea and drinks and have not long left. As for 2011, I really don't know - health and happiness springs to mind. Hope you all have a good one! XX

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you lots of marvellously memorable moments in 2011.Thank you for your comment on my blog post.

    ReplyDelete