Thursday 20 January 2011

I *Heart* Hearts.



I love everything about hearts - from their curvaceous shape to what they stand for. I love that my heart conveys emotions to me. It still beats faster and does somersaults when I kiss my husband, but it is still in fear of being broken. It keeps me alive and I feel alive when I run, skip, hop and jump.

I *heart* hearts and they appear all over my home in every shape and guise and in every possible material. I have short ones, long ones, skinny ones, and fat ones - I have hearts in fabric, wood and metal and I am constantly sneaking hearts into my home all the time!

Then a thought struck me! I love hearts, and I am sure that others do too, so why don't I try to make hearts for my friends as presents? Everyone likes to receive handmade gifts don't they? I have an A Level in textiles (well, I actually got a 'N' grade, whatever that is), but I do know my way around a sewing machine, and I have a vague recollection of how to hand stitch! I said a vague recollection! So I hit the shops, bought some fabric, ribbons, buttons and stuffing, borrowed a sewing machine, which didn't work, so I borrowed another one, which did! And I cut, stuffed and sewed and a heart was born!

My hubby laughed when he saw it, but it wasn't finished. (That's what I told him anyway). So I tweaked the design, hand stitched a bit more and at last I finished. Let me know what you think... please!



No comments:

Post a Comment