Saturday 18 September 2010

Funny Old Day.

Sometimes I have funny old day, where I have loads to do, but not sure whether I can actually be bothered doing any. I know that I will feel industrious when I have completed some tasks, and I know that once I start the things I need to do, the won't be that bad anyway, but well, it's the starting of things that really gets me. Sometimes I sound like my five year old - "I'm bored," "I have nothing to do." I guess I feel like I need to be constantly entertaining my daughter, and finding her friends to play with, when really what she actually needs to be doing is learning how to play by herself. The joys of being an only child I'm afraid.

She is upstairs at the moment, supposedly tidying her room and conducting a treasure hunt. Well, it is not really a treasure hunt, it is a long hard hunt for lost items, which I know are still in her room, but are no-where to be find. I will teach her to take care of her things, I will, I will. It is going to be my mission. She will respect her belongings, she will not want to throw them away because, and I quote "I have had it for more than a year Mummy." I must admit I was not sure how to respond to that one, hence a long detailed diatribe about, just because it is not brand new doesn't mean we can replace it because it is lost, taking care of things, money doesn't grow on trees. You get the picture. She wasn't listening, her eyes were glazed over and she was busy planning her list for Father Christmas.

I have decided that I won't be buying any toys for her birthday, as she has a room full and doesn't play with them. Barbie, Go Go hamsters, dolls, games, all sitting there untouched. I am sure they all gossip about her at night and feel that she doesn't love them! Even the near death scene of Toy Story 3 failed to move her, whilst I was dabbing my tears away, desperately trying not to show my distress. I will buy her some presents, but more likely clothes and books, because she does actually love books and stories, and she loves the outdoors so I shouldn't complain too much, she is rather gorgeous.

Anyway, I figure that all this procrastination is actually writing, as I am writing this not v interesting blog and I am thinking about my novel, my next assignment for the writing course I am doing and my what to tweet (this tweeting stuff is actually quite addictive). Anyway, enough of being a lazy so and so, am going to make some lunch. Nigella I am not, but one cannot work on an empty stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment