Thursday 16 September 2010

OMG! What have I done?

Well, I have really gone and done it now. I have signed up to NaNoWriMo, which is a sort of writing challenge. Well, not sort of, it is a writing challenge. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel in a month! Yes, in a month, and I have signed up. I haven't written fiction since school, and although I do have a vague idea of a story, I have no idea of anything else.

The challenge begins on 1 November 2010, so watch this space, where I will attempt to write about my trials and tribulations on this blog, in between penning my rambling novel! It could get interesting.

I have Keris Stainton to thank for this. Her debut novel 'Della Says OMG' has recently been published to great reviews, and she mentioned this site on Facebook, and in an interview with "The Writers Forum". I used to go to school with Keris, and was good friends with her sister. But before you think that I am on some sort of commission from her publishers! I am not, but her book is a fun read.

I myself need to rack my brains for some inspiration, maybe I will just go and walk the dog in the woods and wait for the ideas and musings to hit me along with the falling branches. (It is a tad windy today). Or maybe I will start listening more carefully to the conversations of the mummies at the school gate! Watch out Jilly Cooper, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment