Monday 11 October 2010

The Sunny Wirral

It is another beautiful day on the sunny Wirral! I am quite fortunate as I haven't switched my wardrobe over yet, so I am still wearing my summer clothes, albeit with a cardigan (it's not that warm!) At the moment I tend to do all my writing sat at the kitchen table overlooking the garden. And the garden is looking rather gorgeous, even if I do say so myself. I have a virgina creeper, which I have grown over a low fence, which separates the dogs area from the rest of the garden. The leaves are the most gorgeous deep crimson colour, which is positively glowing with the sun shining on it. The contrast with the deep green leaves off the twisted hazel, which is next door, makes the garden a beautiful vista to look out upon. Very good for daydreaming, not so good for productive writing!

Writing, well, I have my assignments back from my 'new' tutor, (I didn't even know that the old one had left!), and he liked them! Yay. A bit long, but on the whole, pretty good. The problem is finding a magazine to publish them. It is so difficult to even receive a response from an editor. I think that the problem I have, is that I used to be a solicitor, and my working life was based around deadlines, set by the court, which generally needed to be met. Although, with a bit of wrangling and agreement from the opposing side, they could be changed. However, the point being, I am used to people getting back to me, and if they didn't I would chase them.

I need to learn patience. This is a whole new career opening up, and I have lots to learn.

Need to nip out to physio now, but I have lots of ideas for my book for NaNo and I want to start it now. Enjoying the research though. Who would have thought the Wirral was full of smugglers, wreckers and ultimately murderers!!

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment